Did you know that there is very little additional protection between an SPF50 and an SPF30. In fact, research shows the difference in coverage is as low as 1%. For this reason, the highest sun protection Snowberry provides is an SPF30 sunscreen. We don’t believe that you should pay for more when it doesn’t do much more.
SPF30 sunscreens block 97% of UVB rays. Beyond SPF30, sunscreens offer little effective additional protection. SPF50 blocks 98% of UVB, which is only 1% more than SPF30, however given the way people typically apply sunscreen (‘slip-slap-slop’), this is a barely measurable difference, and many studies also show that we tend to apply less of a higher SPF, and less often, under the misapprehension that it provides much greater protection. The actual protection achieved through typical misapplication can fall well below that of an SPF15 that has been properly applied (i.e. at least one-third of a teaspoon to the face, regardless of the SPF number; and topped-up every two hours).
That’s why in most countries it’s illegal to sell a so-called SPF100, because it’s meaningless. And in Australia, where it was prohibited to sell even an SPF50 until recently, the Cancer Council has said it will still continue to promote the SPF30.
All you need is Snowberry’s Natural SPF30 Everyday Sunscreen
Key points to take note about Snowberry’s SPF30 Everyday Sunscreen:
- 100% Natural, based on the inert mineral, Zinc oxide.
- Uses micro-sized Zinc oxide particles for a physical block to UVA & UVB rays.
- Free of nasties (no chemical screens such as Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, nano particles, petrochemicals).
- Certified broad spectrum against UVA & UVB & to AS/NZS 2604 standard.
- Certified SPF30 by the international ISO 24443 standard.
- Fragrance free.
- Skin, body (hormones) and coral friendly.
- Light, non-greasy & invisible (no white residue).
- Non-comedogenic - formulated so as not to cause blocked pores.
- Also contains a special blend of NZ botanicals, soothing moisturisers and antioxidants.
- Snowberry uses only plant-derived preservatives.
- 100% Plant based tube (made from vegetable PE). While we are getting there when the technology allows, the closure is PP. One day soon we expect the
whole tube assembly will be plant based and free of hydrocarbon derived material.
Take me to this